11.11.2011

gotta tell ya


Okay, so have you heard enough answered prayers yet?  Haha, nope, didn't think so.  They just keep on coming so I better keep on tellin' bout em.  Somebody shout a "hallelujah!", "amen", and "thank you, Jesus!"  I've been taking pictures with my iphone for the past nine months because my slr camera broke and it would cost more than it was worth to fix it.  Real bummer.  But you know, I fell in love with hipstamatic and instagram filters.  I was just starting to really appreciate my camera that is constantly with me, when my phone broke.  Yes, it was a very sad day.  I went to bed that night as low as ever.  I'm addicted to taking pictures.  No phone equals no fun for me.  I started thinking about all the scenes I missed that day and in my overactive imagination I saw images of my children growing up right under my nose and getting married and having babies and all this with absolutely no pictures to remember them by.  None.  Nada.  Entire years of their development missing.  So that's when I prayed for a camera. 

And the next day my brother called me and told me he was sending me his camera because he had just bought a new one.

It came in the mail yesterday.  And I got to play.

End of a beautiful story.

epilogue:  It's not a professional camera, but I'm not a professional photographer, just a wanna-be, and it does have a manual setting, so we are getting along just fine.  Just fine and dandy.


At our hangout:  the churchyard across the street from our house...




our house that Joel built  {oh, yeah.  we still have christmas lights up.  it's how we roll.}


Have an answered prayer?  Or maybe a prayer request?
Please share!  I'd love to praise and pray with you.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that your husband built your house!!! That's such a rarity!


- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Southern Gal said...

A little boy used to come in my mama's beauty shop, stand in a dryer chair, and say things into the hood so he could hear them echo. His favorite saying? "Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Thank you for coming to church!"
;) I'm sorry. I had to share that after what you wrote here.

Love this answered prayer. I'm like you when it comes to a camera. And the fact that your brother was the instrument to the answering makes it that much sweeter.

How do you edit your photos? Picnik? I love the effects you use.

It's time for Christmas again so no worries!

Mary said...

amen! so happy for answered prayer and sunshine in your days!
xo
mary

miranda said...

love it, and your house ROCKS! Super cute and pretty!

Kelly said...

praise jesus for answered prayers.

Christie Otts said...

So encouraged by your answers to prayer. It's the testimonies of others during our hard times that give us hope to keep pressing in. We're desperate for a job! We followed God's calling to move to the Chicago area this past August. My husband quit his job and we took the "big risk" fully confident that we were following the Lord. I know this is where we're supposed to be and the exact time we're supposed to be here. We just haven't gotten an open door with the job...yet!!! Pray for us! We're believing for our breakthrough and we're going to praise Him in the waiting!

Joy said...

Please pray for my son Riley. He has an eye disease, and we were told last week the disease is prgressing. We go at the end of this month to get the newest treatment plan, but the month drags on!

BARBIE said...

What a beautiful story of God's faithfulness to answer our prayers. So excited for your new/used camera, and it takes beautiful pictures!

OANA said...

Oh my! Your family is so adorable!! I will definitely follow your blog as well! XO!

jessica said...

That's such a beautiful story. We have an awesome God. :)

Lisa Grace said...

Isn't it awesome how our God cares about the details of our lives? It also reminds me that we "have not because we ask not." God has been teaching me to bring everything before Him as a part of my faith walk and your sharing just drove that home even more. Have fun with your camera, my blogging friend!

Emily said...

Your posts are always so encouraging and honest. Thanks for sharing your answered prayers...keep 'em coming! :) Have a lovely day.

Digger said...

What a great post!! I love this! Thank you for sharing! I found you on Casey's Blog. I'm a new follower.

Digger ~xoxo~
www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

i tend to have an overactive imagination as well...sometime the hubs has to talk to out of it. :) love that you got a new camera...what a blessing...and lovin' the photos! Adore you home...so very cute!! happy weekend, friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape