Today is your birthday.
And I'm so glad you're mine.
I remember the first time I wrote a list of everything I love about you on a t-shirt and sent it across the miles to you.
Then we got married and had kids (by the multitudes) and life got crazy-beautiful-crazy and we needed each other more than ever but we would crack sometimes under all the pressure. It was easy to take you for granted.
That's when God reminded me of "the list".
He told me to start writing it again those years ago.
I did and it opened my eyes all the more to how blessed I am with you.
And everyday I look at you I'm reminded again.
Our kids are the loves of our lives, but before they came, there was just you. and me.
And there still is and always will be.
It's inexhaustible...the things I love about you.
Here are just a few of the ones I'm adding to that list (there's not time or space for all of them. Oh, and how incredibly hot you are has already been mentioned several times in the first 100...it's a given)
101. no matter how hard you work or how exhausted you are (and you work HARD) you always have time to tickle your kids, wrestle with them and give them your attention
102. you make me feel beautiful all the time
103. you always encourage me
104. only you can make me smile when I feel like crying
105. you skip with your daughter
106. your faithfulness to God, your family, and friends
107. you give without hesitating
108. you forget wrongs done to you
109. and forgive twice as easily
110. you've taught me so much about grace
111. truthful to a fault
112. you still see me through rose colored glasses
113. you are a 100%, all or nothing kind of guy
114. you smile with your eyes
115. and those eyes are the color of the sea
116. you can cook better than I can
117. you've learned to be discreet about that fact
118. you spend every single free moment you have with your family
119. you are adventure
120. you can fix anything
121. including things I forget/lose/lock in the car
122. you accept everyone
123. you know who you are
124. you drop everything to help someone else
125. you don't believe people can't change and you're always willing to do so
126. you are unwavering in your parenting and you are a rock for your family
127. you play on an old no-name guitar b/c you gave all your good ones away
128. just because God told you to
129. I never know what to expect with you
130. but I always get the best
To be continued...for as long as we live
(but at the moment I have to rescue our kids from the pool)
I love you, baby, with all my heart and soul!