11.11.2009

for the children



My baby boy is not so little anymore.
Boston has been sporting a mullet since birth.  But I haven't been able to bring myself to cut it.  Not since  this weekend.  There's something about that first haircut that signifies the transition from babyhood to toddlerhood.  And why is it so hard for this mommy to let her babies grow up?  Well, I couln't resist just trimming it up a bit, and then a bit became a little bit more until my baby boy grew up right before my eyes.   Ahhh, he's a heart throb, he is.

And just in case you thought I might have been exaggerating about Astair's affinity for shoes...

Not only did she put these pink steel toed boots on all by herself, but she found them in a box I was going to put in the attic because they're four sizes too big!  The girl has a shoe radar.

Because this post is a random post, I just have to add Thad's most quotable quote:

"Mommy, I'm going to play my music sooo loud--like a soaking wet buffalo!"  (?!)


Kids really are amazing.  I couldn't imagine life without them.  I wouldn't want to.
There are times like tonight when I'm so exhausted I can barely type and I still have dirty dishes to clean, toys to pick up, and laundry to fold.  There are times I'm completely overwhelmed by the endless needs and demands on my time and my attention and I think this is all I can handle.  "This is it, Lord, I don't think I can be stretched another eighth of an inch."  And then I remember that there are families that long for just one child.  And there are millions of orphan children that long for just someone to love them.  "Lord, these are your blessings.  Give us as many as you choose.  And may we never turn a child away that you may bring to us."  


For my God is a "Father of orphans, champion of widows, is God in his holy house.  God makes homes for the homeless..." (Psalm 68:6 MSG)  This is the heart of my God.  He has adopted us.  How could we not follow in His footsteps if and when He asks us to?

I have some beautiful blogging friends that are answering His call to open their homes and hearts to children in need of their love.  These families inspire me.  They stretch me.  They exemplify God's hands and God's heart in action.  I'm so moved by their steps of faith.  Because it takes a lot of faith.  Adoption does come with a price.  There are fees that must be paid, studies to complete.  But their faith that God will provide the funds is a wonderful testimony of His provision in the instance of our obedience.  And His provision often comes through His people.  We have an opportunity to be God's hands as well.  If you feel led to give to these families, I will be adding their links in my sidebar.  Pray for them and the precious children God will bring to them!

Lauren and her husband at Living by Faith are adopting a little boy from Ethiopa!


You can purchase coffee here and proceeds will go to their adoption!

Amy and her family at Filled With Praise are also adopting a son from Ethiopa and there are many fundraising opportunities available.  You can purchase these wonderful christmas ornaments to go towards their adoption as well.



I'm so excited for these families and especially for the children that will now have loving homes!  I can only imagine how God must feel!!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Joye this is amazing!! Thank you so much for getting the word out and supporting us in this way! You are a huge blessing and I am so grateful for your friendship!!!

ps - I think that Astair and I would be best friends ... I want those pink boots!!! haha

Unknown said...

Molly just got a pair of pink cowgirl boots and she won't take them off! She loves them, and even sleeps in them!! So funny! Kids are wonderful and God is so faithful!

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the cute hair do. I wish Stunt Man would let me put gel in his hair. Those pink cowboy boots are adorable too. FUN!
I just love Lauren & Amy...they are such sweet bloggers.

Amy said...

Thank you so much for your shout out about our adoption. We are so appreciative of all of the love and support from others. Thank you for sharing God's love for all the world to see.
God bless you.
Amy

Jayme said...

Bless you, bless you, bless you for helping Adoptive Familes out! You are an awesome person Joye and thank you for getting the word out! Great perspective!

Your little one are SO ADORABLE by the way!

Kristin said...

I love his haircut and Astair's boots!! Adorable!!!!!!

I too am following along with these adoption journeys and it is amazing to witness!!!

amyp said...

I needed this dose of honesty and beauty today. Joye, you rock. Thank you for being so honest and for chasing after God the way you do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape