11.12.2009

not about me





I started fretting.  And getting anxious.  Dreams were passing me by, floating just out of my reach and taking my heart with them.

Had God forgotten about me?  Was He passing me by, too?  I thought my dreams were important to Him.  Hadn't He promised me the desires of my heart?

I laid all this and more out on my messy kitchen table.  With my head in my hands I let my selfish tears flow.  I needed to know.  I needed the reassurance of my Father.

He was as gentle as He always is.  And yet His question was persistent.

"Am I more important to you than your dreams?"


I knew what God was asking and I knew what the answer would be.  In His own compassionate way, He was reminding me that this life I live is not about me.  I was clinging to my dreams instead of to His will.  I had my own ideas of how things should work out, what I wanted living for Him to look like.  It was just a matter of time, I thought, until God will bring my dreams to pass.  And although I know my dreams ARE important to God, what if He has other plans?

I had to let them go.  I had to choose again to let Jesus fill my soul.  His dreams must become my own.  And I am remembering just how incredible it is to dream God's dreams.  They are more, so much more than even I dare to imagine.

This life I live is not about me and I hope that it never will be.
It's about the overwhelming, life-changing, all-encompassing love of my Jesus that dares to make the ordinary into the extraordinary, the impossible possible, and is changing the world one mended heart at a time.

Use me as you will, Father, use me as you will!

19 comments:

Mocha Momma said...

Beautiful reminder to me to let God be in control.

I love the pictures of your kids in bubbles at the top of your page.

Continue on in your joyful journey with God carrying you.

Take care,
Nannette

Anonymous said...

I love you!..your wonderful and Jesus must smile everytime you post!..oxoxo
Thanks for the prayers on Joey's behalf!..How is your friend doing on her ywam mission? Be well!

Mrs. B said...

this is an awesome reminder. making God's plan *my* plan is something i need to do daily. thanks so much for sharing, what a beautiful post!

Missy said...

Thank you for this beautiful reminder that life is not about me.

He & Me + 3 said...

Absolutely True..It is all about Him!

Lauren said...

what a beautiful reminder of this hard truth. We are selfish by nature - but God calls us to somplete surrender. It's never easy. Thank you for this post - I needed it today!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart...this is just what I needed to hear today!

Freddae' said...

Stunningly beautiful! Thank you for this blessing today.

Melissa said...

Very well said and such a very good reminder to me that God is in control. Thank you so much and God bless you and your family!

Kristin said...

Beautiful Joye, absolutely beautiful. I also have to be reminded of this at times too.

Summer said...

Wow, Joye...it always amazes me how God speaks through you to me so often. I was just struggling the other night about my life (not that I have anything to complain about at ALL)..but, I once again found my prayers heading towards the "Why am I still single? When will I have a husband and children?"

Then, I once again took in a deep breath and remembered that His plan is SOOO great, that I could NEVER fathom what He has in store for me! And, just recently, I have been able to touch the lives of a few different people and lead them to Christ. What a great gift and blessing...

So, I will let Him use me for His will...and I know that He hears my heart's yearning...but, I will also be patient and know that He always holds me in His loving arms...forever. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the wonderful reminder!

Holly said...

Beautiful words and the picture really struck me. WOw!

~*Michelle*~ said...

Again......God navigates me to where I need to be....to read what I need to hear. These words drove straight to my heart, right where they need to be and stay!

Thank you....this was such a blessing to me tonight.

xox
*~Michelle~*

Mich said...

Letting go and totally letting God, is the greatest, yet hardest thing we will ever have to do.

amyp said...

Hi, this is me thinking you're great. And so thankful for your honesty, openness and mad writing skills. And I would TOTALLY love to come to Louisiana and take pictures of your ridiculously adorable family. We'll have to pray this into action.

christy rose said...

Joye,
I have an award for you! Please stop by and pick it up when you get a chance.
Christy

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love this, Joye...thank you for saying it...such beautiful truth...

Flamingo said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for this post!

i feel God is really trying to speak to me about this lately...I keep coming across it no matter where I turn. The crazy thing is that he has spoken this to me before and it's actually part of my story...but as time goes on we so often forget...thanks for the gentle reminder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape