11.16.2009

sisters-in-love

 I am in no way a professional photographer (as if that needed any clarification!).  But I do love photography.  It's something I've always wanted to develop a skill for.  Just the thought of capturing beautiful moments in time has me enthralled.  Photography is such an enchanting art form.  And of course what mommy doesn't want breathtaking photos of her darlings?  In the art of "picture taking", however, I have A LOT to learn.  I own a novice SLR camera that could be a tad bit better if I really knew how to use it and I have never purchased a software editing program.  Right now, I'm contentedly addicted to free programs like picnik and photobucket  (why waste time lamenting what I can't afford, anyway, right?)  But I won't deny that it would be wonderful to one day learn to navigate the fantastic world of adobe photoshop!

All that said, yesterday I had an impromptu novice photo session with my darling sister-in-love Sarah.  Neither of us planned it, but it ended up being a blast.  My sisters-in-love Beth and Sarah are both absolutely gorgeous, fashion savvy ladies that are genuinely as beautiful inside as they are on the outside.    I had forgotten how much FUN it is to take pictures of a NON-MOVING subject!  My kids are constantly on the move and the perfect picture takes many, many, many trials and errors!

So, here is Sarah who really does know how to play the guitar and has a lovely voice as well...







And I just had to snap a picture of my amazingly beautiful sister-in-love, Beth, with Astair...
I don't know which is more fun--taking the pictures or editing them!  As amateur as I may be, I'm still blissfully addicted to photography.

22 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful photos...you are definitely a great photographer in my book. :)
Blessings,
Amy

Lauren said...

gorgeous!!! I love your the boots too!!! I wish I could do a session with you - your photos look pro to me!! :)

Kari said...

You've got an amazing eye. The photos are great! I always love your pictures! Hey, I would have never known you didn't have a thousand dollar editing program. And I have a wonderful Canon Rebel digital slr and still have yet to read through the manual to benefit from all it's awesome features :o)

Kelly said...

Beautiful photos! You are an awesome photographer!

Barbie said...

Your photos are beautiful. I have a desire to do more photography. Hopefully I will get to that soon. Of course, I need to remember that I have a camera and where I put it.

Darcie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Photography is interesting, but I have also learned it is an art...I think you do a wonderful job of capturing great photo's...you got an eye for detail!

Mrs. B said...

ok, there is no way you're not a pro with these photos! they are seriously so beautiful, mama! i imagine that it *is* nice to take shots of subjects that move a whole lot less than the kiddies and they turned out fabulous!

{darlene} said...

I think your photos are great!!!!!!! The first one is amazing. hmmm. maybe you should hint for photoshop elements for a christmas gift???

Unknown said...

Awesome job with the pictures! I wish I knew how to take really good pics, and wish I had the patience to edit them!

He & Me + 3 said...

She is beautiful & the pictures and editing turned out great. You are awesome with the camera.

Kristin said...

I think the photos turned out great!! What beautiful subjects too :) You definitely have an eye for capturing beautiful moments.

miranda said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I am so with you on the whole photography thing. It's really fun isn't it!? You do a great job. I love how you call them you sister in loves. So sweet!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful! you totally have a touch! You captured an autumn feel too!
Dani Joy

Anonymous said...

What great photos! They have that cool, eclectic, cutting-edge look! Girls so smile in pictures. My sons complain about pictures the ENTIRE time the camera is out! However, I don't give up!

Keep up that photo addiction!

amyp said...

Joye! These ROCK! You are so talented, lady! I'm such a fan!!!

Unknown said...

You're not a professional? Well, I couldn't tell. Awesome photos! Very creative.

Skeller said...

Ooooh, I think these are all perfectly lovely! You have a great eye for composition. :-)

warm regards from a fellow addict,
Susan

Heather said...

Those are beautiful! You can download a free trial of adobe photoshop elements for 30 days if you want to get your feet wet, but my favorite lately has been lightroom. MUCH MUCH easier to use for us novice photogs! :D

Holly said...

These are great pictures!!!!!!

christy rose said...

Wow! Those are some really great pictures!!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Great pictures, Joye...I especially like the guitar and boots pic...they're all great!

ishi said...

Great job on the pics, Joye!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape