11.21.2009

the art of our thankfulness

I haven't been much into decorating for fall this year...I guess I'm just too excited for it to be over and CHRISTMAS to be here!  I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas... untangling the lights to the sound of Jingle Bells blaring over the radio while the fragrance of cinnamon and cloves steeping in freshly brewed apple cider weaves through the air....mmmmmm.  Now, that inspires me!  I've caught myself thinking "Why can't we just skip Thanksgiving?  Why do we have to wait to put up Christmas decorations until after the last slice of turkey has been scraped off the plate?"  Well, I immediately realized what a ridiculous thought that was!  Thanksgiving and Christmas go hand in hand. One prepares our hearts for the other.  It wouldn't be right to have Christmas without Thanksgiving.  I truly do want the spirit of Thankfulness to permeate our home this year.  I want to capture the essence of being grateful for all the Lord has blessed us with.

So, Thad and I came up with an idea.  We made a list  of all the things we thank God for and then we found pictures in our photo archives that matched our list.  There was a whole lot more on our list than I had pictures to match, but it was a great way to get my Little Man involved.  I wanted to display the pictures in a place that would be easy to see and in an arrangement that could last all year round as a continual reminder of all the things we have to be thankful for.  I thought a photo collage would be perfect!

How we made it...

1}  I edited most of the pictures into black and white and made a thin white border as a frame.
2}  I found white string and adorable decorative pin tacks at wal-mart.  I also bought miniature craft clothespins.

3}  We strung 'em up on the wall above our sofa in the upstairs family room...and voila!

Our Thankfulness in Photos...




For more home decorating, visit my Bargain Decorating Files

11 comments:

miranda said...

Awesome. I love it!

Jenilee said...

What a GREAT idea! It looks amazing on your wall. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Kristin said...

That's a really cute idea! I saw some of those little clothespins in the craft store the other day and thought they were so cute!!

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love it!!!
Wylie

Lauren said...

that is SO creative!! I love it -- I think I will try to recreate something like it ... beautiful idea to remind us what the holidays are really all about! : )

Unknown said...

Awesome time with Thad! That's how we hung our photos in college, due to being poor! But what a great idea for thankfulness! Have a great weekend!

Ana said...

Joye, that is amazing! I though I was the only person who had cloth lines and pegs all over the place, I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

First of all, those pictures are AMAZING! I love them! and your idea has won my heart today ♥ Lovely!

Great to meet you

Erica said...

joye! i love that! what a great idea and it looks amazing! i am the same way where i always want to skip to christmas and God has really been working on me about taking time out to be thankful for all of His blessings! thanks for the reminder :)

Catherine Anne said...

I love and Im doing it! Cant wait to put this up in my room! Great post!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a *fantastic* idea!!

Our Family said...

Holy Cuteness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape