11.28.2009

this is Good News


The Holidays, those Holy Days of Cheer, have been ushered in with excitement over here. 
I love Christmas.  In no small way.  
In fact, if I had my way, we would have a tree all year round and Christmas lights would never be taken down.  Something miraculous happens when we allow ourselves to get caught up in the spirit of Christmas, to let the Good News of Christ Jesus seep into our hearts and into our homes.  Because it is, after all, very GOOD NEWS!  In the words of the angel that brought the message to the shepherds on that wonderful night, 
"I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." {Luke 9:10-11}
A Savior.  The One who rescued us from certain death.  The One who delivered us from darkness and overwhelming defeat.  The One who gave Himself for us that we might have great joy!
Is there any better reason to celebrate?
This Christmas, I get to participate in the single most important birthday party.  The birth of My Savior, My King Eternal.
And I want it to be special.
I want to show Jesus just how thankful I am for His amazing love.  I want my home to overflow with love and appreciation for who He is to me.

Christmas in our home has always been known as the Birthday Party for Jesus.  When Mimi and Papa D. came to our house today we celebrated with joyful expectancy of all this season means to us.  We strung up our lights and feasted on Mimi's delectable crab cakes.  We put up a tree while humming to the tunes of Christmas and with the sticky taste of candy canes on little cheeks that begged to be kissed.  Later, when all the lights were up, Thad's face broke into a gleaming smile and he gushed, "Jesus will love it!"
That's what Christmas is all about after all, isn't it?
Loving Jesus and blessing His heart.

I'm starting a little Christmas meme over here because I want to hear all about your celebrations!  Every Tuesday until Christmas, I'll give you an opportunity to link up and share with us anything you want to about how you are celebrating the birth of Jesus.  I've made a button that you can copy the code for and paste in the Edit HTML of your blog post.  Then simply click on your post when it is published on your blog and copy the address that shows in your address bar.  This is the address you will copy into the Link-up that will be at the bottom of my post on Tuesday.  You can share a craft project, a family tradition, a special memory, or even a recipe.  Just tell us the simple ways you enjoy Jesus during this season of worship.  I will be giving a more specific theme (within the one of celebrating Jesus) for each week, but it is only for inspiration.  The themes will be on how to use our five senses to glorify our Lord Jesus.
For example, here is the list for each Tuesday:
Dec. 1     {The Sights of Christmas}
Dec. 8     {The Sounds of Christmas}
Dec. 15   {The Tastes and Smells of Christmas}
Dec. 22   {The Touch of Christmas}
It's all about sharing the joy of Jesus this season and being inspired to love Him even more!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea! I will definitely join in!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

May you be blessed as you journey deeper into the heart of Jesus this season.

christy rose said...

What a wonderful idea for a Christmas meme and a great way to spread the joy of Jesus!

Andrea said...

Thank you for your prayers and support. I am thankful GOD brought you over to my blog.
I have joined to follow yours and look forward to getting to know you.
Blessings, andrea

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Awesome! I love how you typed JOY BIG & in red!!! Merry Christmas to you & yours sweet sister!
Wylie

Anonymous said...

Hi Joye, I just started blogging and I found your awesome blog. I am also a stay at home mom. I homeschool...anyway, love your blog!

Sincerely,

Brook

momstheword said...

What a great idea! I love the Christmas season! I actually saw a magazine article once, and the woman loves Christmas so much that her house is decorated all year around. She has a Christmas tree in every room.

We used to make a birthday cake for Jesus every year when the kids were little!

Mocha Momma said...

The house looks beautiful! Sounds like you had a very nice time getting ready for the birth of Christ.

The meme is such a good idea. I hope there will be lot's of participants.

Have a nice week,
Nannette

Unknown said...

Awesome, I am so excited to do this!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I did something like this with my church a few years back and it was so cool. Makes me want to do it again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape