11.29.2009

fly away wreath

Here's what I've been doing lately...
I've got so many craft ideas rattling around in my head and I can't wait to do them all!  Lucky for me, Thad loves art projects and he's so excited to make ornaments and wreaths, cookies and gingerbread.  He is definitely a child after my own heart.

I really wanted to hang a wreath on my mirror this year since it's the first Christmas I've had it.  I was envisioning a white one, but I didn't want to spend a fortune and I wasn't too excited about having to use spray paint, either (which is what I usually resort to when I'm pinching the pennies).  So when I spied a white feather boa while braving a trip to Hobby Lobby with all three kids in tow, I knew it would be perfect.

What I used to make it:
White feather boa
White wire hanger
White trash ties
How I made it:
I untwisted the wire hanger and formed a circle, twisting the ends back together with wire pinchers. Then I wrapped the boa around the wire, fastening it in several places with white trash ties.  I looped a purple ribbon around it and fastened it on the nail behind my mirror.  I ended up spray painting some twigs we collected on our walk and put them in a silver planter filled with rocks from our gravel driveway.  (The planter was spray painted last year).  Really, spray paint can be a wonderful thing when it comes to decorating on the cheap!
I love my wreath.  Now I just have to think of what to do for the front door...

P.S.  I'm starting a Christmas Link-up on Tuesdays beginning this Tuesday!  I'm just so excited for us all to share the joy of Jesus with each other this year.  You can read more about it in the post below and the button is in the side bar.
This Tuesday I'll be sharing on the Sights of Christmas and how to visually enjoy Jesus this season.
Here's what the button looks like:





17 comments:

christy rose said...

That is beautiful! I love it!

Kristin said...

Awesome!!! I love it :)

Stephanie said...

What a cute idea! You are so clever!

Darcie said...

That is SO cool!!! You are so creative...thanks for sharing the "how" to with us.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Joye I LOVE this!!! Brilliant!
Wylie

Freddae' said...

This is AWESOME!!! I'm so going to have to make one of this. I know just where I'll put it too! Great job. Way to go Miss thing!

Andrea said...

Beautiful. Love it!!

He & Me + 3 said...

All this creativity in blogland is killing me. I love this. Just gorgeous.

Holly said...

You're so crafty! The wreath looks great and immediately made me think of angel wings.

Lauren said...

That's such a beautiful wreath!! I love your taste!! :) I can't wait to link up with your tomorrow for your awesome Christmas meme!! :)

Anonymous said...

Neato wreath idea. I am also looking forward to doing crafty Christmas things with my little ones. I sometimes brave Hobby Lobby with my two...and soon we're going to get busy on the frosted Christmas cookies!!

{darlene} said...

love your feather boa!! I hope to be a decent enough blogger this Christmas to join in on some fun memes! looking forward to it.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Beautiful...you are gifted in many ways, dear friend! I am so blessed this morning as I lay in bed on a sick day (stomach flu)...decided to stop over for a dose of Joye....and what do I find, but a full-on celebration of the birth of our Savior. Makes me smile...even in the midst of flu! I love the wreath, the lights, the words on these last few posts...and maybe I'll get it together and be able to link up one of these Tuesdays...just not today.

Love to you...keep celebrating...and keep shining your joy!

Kelly

Summer Athena said...

WOW! This is fabulous! So glad you found me and commented so that I could find you back! ;) And a Louisiana lady? ME TOO!

Terri said...

I love this idea! So glad you visited my blog... I look forward to being inspired by reading your posts :) You have a beautiful family!

really.truly said...

Such a cool wreath!!

Anonymous said...

awesome idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape