5.10.2009

Motherhood--God's Idea!


Listen, Lord,
a mother’s praying
low and quiet:
listen, please.
Listen what her tears
are saying,
see her heart
upon its knees;
lift the load
from her bowed shoulders
till she sees
and understands,
You, Who hold
the worlds together,
hold her problems
in Your hands.
-Ruth Bell Graham

There is so much my heart wants to say about motherhood.  So much.  There is nothing like carrying life within us.  There is nothing like the life our children give to us in return.  There is a beauty in motherhood, a glorious, sacrificial gift that God decided to bless woman with.  Yes, we were the first to bring death into our world (remember Eve).  But God, in his graciousness, made us life givers!  Ours was a great sin, but God gave us even greater mercy.  The amazing mercy of motherhood.

It is so wonderful to know that motherhood is an incredible GIFT from Him.  There is no greater joy than to be fulfilling the calling of God upon my life.  This is my purpose, it is what I was created for--to be a mother who loves her God, who loves her family, and who loves her world.   To be a mother who raises her children to love their God and to love their families.  To be a mother who loves.

I posted a poem from Ruth Graham because I am always so inspired by the way she embraced her role as a mother.  She walked out her Kingdom Calling with grace and fortitude.  The path of motherhood is not an easy one, it is one that is tread with the heart, and often the heart gets tread on.  Motherhood is one of God's chosen descriptions of sacrificial love.

After reading her poem, I felt God begin to whisper His answer to it's prayer.  Here is the poem he gave in response:

I hear each prayer,
See every task
performed in love,
in selfless acts.
It is you I have
entrusted life to.
Life to carry, hold
and see through.
Know that you are
blessed my daughter,
for it is you I have
called to be
a mother.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

May the Peace of Christ rule in your hearts and minds and may you abandon yourself to this great calling!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

That is a wonderful honor for us mothers! It is definitely hard to put into words! THat was beautiful! Being a mother is such a joyful experience...challenging, but so much more rewarding! May God continue to bless you and your family and I hope You get more hugs and kisses than you can take today...hee hee!;)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful poem - thank you for sharing Joye! And a very happy mother's day to you too!

Unknown said...

Love your poem at the bottem! it´s a beautiful answer.
Happy Mother´s Day, my new friend!

LisaShaw said...

So beautiful!

Happy Mother's Day you beautiful and special child of God.

Kristin said...

Wow Joye! Just reading your post just gave me a whole different perspective on being a Mother. It really is the best job in the world! Thank you so much for always being so inspiring and such a beautiful person! I just love reading your blog and I'm so glad to call you my friend.

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Joye,
I beleive it is an honor to have met such a women as yourself! You reek of Christ, what a gift to us Mothers! Thank you dear! Blessings and may your day be Blessed! Shi~

Tricia said...

This is beautiful... you have blessed my heart today! What a blessing we were given when God made us mothers! And I love that you pointed out that what the enemy had intended for bad, that Eve brought death into the world, God turned it around for good and made us life-givers! How wonderful!

Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape