5.13.2009

You Are the Key to God's Heart

"Mommy," two pudgy little hands squished my cheeks between them, "I just looove you."  His earnest eyes sought mine, "I love you as high as the sky."  

"And I love you to the moon and back!"  I said, choking on my heart and blinking back my tears.

"I love you all--" a little arm reached for the ceiling, "the way to the sun."

"Well, I love you all the way to heaven!"  I threw my arms out as wide as they could go and then tickled that little boy who owns my heart until we were both out of breath.  

Hearing those words from my child never gets old.  He grabs my heart with his genuine affection.  He steals it.  And I am more than happy to let him have it!

At a recent women's event, my pastor shared a similar story that has lingered with my soul.  She was snuggling in the cold with one of her young sons when he spread himself over her and said, "Mommy, I want to be your cover." 

"In that moment", she said, "it was like he just crawled up inside my heart."

The message of the evening was to love God in such a way that we "crawl up inside his heart."  Can you just see it?  Can you just feel the heart of God towards you?  You hold the key to his heart.  You ARE the key to his heart! 

Is that hard for you to grasp?  I know it's hard for me sometimes.  Yet it was God who created the fierceness of a mother's love, so why do we struggle accepting His all-consuming love for us?  If my son can absolutely overwhelm my heart with his love, then just think what our love for our Saviour, our King, our Daddy does to HIS heart!  

I want to crawl up inside the heart of God.  

I have felt His love.  Oh, how I have felt his love!  And now I want Him to feel mine.

This song says it all-- everything I long to convey to the Love of My Life. 

"I want to play the strings of your heart, God...
Come play the strings of mine."

13 comments:

Faye said...

Joye,What a beautiful post!Such a blessing. Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Beth in NC said...

Amen, amen, and amen. I LOVE MISTY EDWARDS (as you can tell from my playlist) and I have the CD too (well, set of two).

I have very similar conversations with my daughter and I can totally relate.

What a wonderful post.

Love!
Beth

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness...that is so sweet! That paints such a wonderful picture! My kids are always showing me God's love for us...they are amazing teachers! Great post :)

Amanda said...

This is beautiful. Every one of His children should read this today!!! And everyday!

Blessings-
Amanda

Kristin said...

What a beautiful song! I had not heard that one before. I love it! I feel the same way Joye. I want to show my Jesus just how much I love Him, I want to repay Him for what He's done for me, but I have no idea how to possibly do that. Most of all, I want everyone to feel His love as I have! It's amazing!!

By the way.....there's still time to enter my contest! I'm closing it at noon today :)

Kristin

Veronica said...

Joye...great post and beautiful song. I have been struggling with the stuff of life the last few days. Thanks for reminding me of God's awesome love!

LisaShaw said...

What a precious message and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your life. Beautiful song too.

Love ya.

Alleluiabelle said...

This is absolutely beautiful. My daughter's little boy age 3, always comes up to her or his father and says that, Oooh I Looove you Mommy and gives her the biggest hug. My heart melts every time I hear this little one do that, and yes I tear up and thank Him for creating such awesome little ones.

I remain curled up securely within your heart today and every day Father as you remain securely wrapped around mine.

What an awesome post.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Summer said...

You brought tears to my eyes with this beautiful and inspiring post....thank you, Joye...

Summer

Tricia said...

Amen!! I love this post... and I absolutely adore how God speaks to us through our children, just imagine if we weren't moms, all the things we would miss...

I too want to crawl up into God's heart, thanks so for sharing!

Blessings!

He & Me + 3 said...

Speechless. How beautiful!

christy rose said...

This was so sweet. It reminded me of the times when my son was small and would sit next to each other with our arms around each other and say,"I love you, I love you more, I love you the most, I love you the mostest most, I win!" That memory is still so vivid in my mind and today my son is 15.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Yes, Lord. Thank you for being my cover. Thank You for letting me play on the strings of Your heart. I'm so in love with You.

What a gift this post is to me.

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape