5.28.2009

What? Worry Wart? Where?

Worry is kind of like an old smelly wet sponge.

I don't know where I came up with that.
I just think both of them stink.
And you just gotta toss 'em.

But I've been holding onto mine today.
A little too long.
I'm ready to let it go
and
just 
trust.

Faith is like a little child.

It is free of every care.
It throws it's arms in the air
And leaps and twirls with abandon
like Lil Man...




right into the waiting arms of our Father.

Because faith knows he hears our prayers.
And he answers every one.
*****
I opened my Bible for the third time today, desperately needing my Jesus to speak to me.  This verse leapt out at me,
"As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands."  Psalm 119:143

And what is the Lord's command concerning worry? It is this:


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4: 5-7
Thank you, my dear Jesus, thank you.

9 comments:

More Than Words said...

Amen...love those verses in Philippians!! My husband clung on to that when he had an anxiety attack!!!

I hope all is well w/ you!!!!!!

Oh..and love the pictures of you lil' guy!

HUGS,
Alicia

Faye said...

Joye,This post was for me. I really needed this today.Love the pics!Thank-u for such a beautiful post!Have a great day! Blessings, Faye

LisaShaw said...

Joye, I so enjoyed this!!! Loved the photos. He's too cute. Thank you for always sharing something that lifts our hearts.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joye,

Thank you for following my blog!

Twins! God has really blessed you! I have always wanted twins...I am happy for you.

Wow, what a sweet and refreshing post! It is wonderful to find friends who want to seek the Lord. I look forward to coming again to read more.

Today we are packing for our camping weekend…what fun.

See you soon,
Hope

Carrie said...

I always try to remember that verse..."Be anxious for nothing..." because I get anxious and worry about things too much! Great reminder! I always try to see the lighter, carefree side of things through my kids...sweet pictures! How can we worry so much when you have that sweetheart :)

Veronica said...

Joye...what a great reminder of what the Lord wants us to do...trust in him and give him all our worries. What a great word and something I also needed to be reminded of. Praying that thing will get better for you!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Joye-you have such a talent! You say things so perfectly ordinary yet profound! I love this!

Kristin said...

Amen, Joye! Very well said!

really.truly said...

I'm a worrier.....this post was good reading!! Love your blog :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape